Ways to Give
The Desert Community Foundation provides you a simple, powerful, and highly personal approach to giving. We offer a variety of giving tools to help people achieve their charitable goals. You can make a gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, IRA, life insurance or other assets to support your charitable vision. Most charitable gifts qualify for maximum tax advantage under federal law. The decision to give to your community is an important one and by choosing the Foundation as your partner in philanthropy, you will connect with an experienced leader, grant maker and resource.
Here are the basics of how you can create a fund at the Foundation:
• You make a gift to the Foundation. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
• We set up a fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
• You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
• Based on the type of fund you establish, you may be able to stay involved in the good works your gift makes possible. You can recommend an area or organization you’d like your gift to support, or rely on the community foundation’s experienced program staff to determine and address the areas of greatest need in our community.
• Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
• We handle the administrative details (check writing, investments, IRS filing).
• Your gift can be placed into an endowment that uses earnings to support your causes. With an endowment, your gift—and all future earnings from your gift—is a permanent source of community capital, helping do good work forever.
• You can also place your gift into an expendable fund so you can grant more than just the earnings.
Donors Create Their Vision
Donors can make a difference in their community during or after their lifetime. Grants are made in the name of the fund you establish so that your charitable wishes are preserved.
If you have questions about establishing a fund that have not been answered in this section, please click here to contact us for more information.